Saw some great info from Presagia about Pregnancy that I thought I would let you in on it.
There are more than 450 regulations that govern leave at the federal and state level, including pregnancy and breast-feeding related leave. Do you have a system that can ensure you are in compliance with all of these regulations?
- 50% of all pregnant women qualify for FMLA
- There are 4 million births, annually, in the US
- The month of September sees the most births (someone was busy around the New Year!)
- Tuesday is the most common birth day
- Only 3 states offer some sort of paid maternity leave: Hawaii, New Jersy and New York
- In 2011, the EEOC received 5,797 pregnancy related discrimination complaints and resolved 6,482
- There are 4 pieces of federal legislation that have pregnancy or childbirth implications: the FMLA, the ADA, Title VII and the PDA
- 11% or private sector employees and 17% of public sector employees have access to paid maternity leave
- 22 states have some sort of pregnancy legislation and 48 states have some sort of breast-feeding legislation